Additional Buyer's Stamp Duty For Buying Private Residential Property in Singapore
Additional Buyer's Stamp Duty (ABSD) is a tax charged on second and subsequent residential property purchases located in Singapore.
|Nationality||1st Property||2nd Property||Subsequent Property|
ABSD Exempted (if buying 1st Residential Property)
- Foreigners Eligible for ABSD Remission under Free Trade Agreements (FTAs)
- Conditions for Remission Under the respective FTAs, Nationals or Permanent Residents of the following countries will be accorded the same Stamp Duty treatment as Singapore Citizens:
ABSD Rates and Remission for Married Couples
- Joint Purchase Made by a Married Couple who Does Not Own Any Residential Property
- A married couple with at least one SC spouse jointly purchasing a residential property, where both the spouses do not own any residential property at the time of purchase, can apply for full ABSD remission.
- Joint Purchase of Second Residential Property by a Married Couple
- A married couple with at least one SC spouse is eligible for ABSD refund on their second property if they sell their first property within 6 months after the date of purchase/TOP/CSC, whichever is applicable.