CPF Grant for EC to Assist Eligible First-timer Family To Buy An EC
CPF Grant for EC (in the form of CPF Monies and not cash) will be credited into your CPF Ordinary Account and treated as part of your CPF fund. It can be used to pay for the CPF portion of the down payment at the time of signing of the Sales and Purchase Agreement after you have paid the cash payment (if applicable).
Eligibility Conditions for CPF Grant for EC
You are a Singapore Citizen. Your family nucleus must comprise of at least another Singapore Permanent Resident or Singapore Citizen
21 years old and above
You are applying with your
- Spouse and children (if any), or
- Fiancé/fiancée (must be able to produce your marriage certificate, latest by the date of keys collection), or
- Children under your legal custody, care and control (if widowed or divorced).
You and the essential family members listed in the application for purchase of the flat must not:
- Be the owners of a unit bought directly from HDB, a DBSS flat or an Executive Condominium bought with CPF Housing Grant from the developer.
- Have sold a flat bought directly from HDB, a DBSS flat or an Executive Condominium bought with CPF Housing Grant from the developer.
- Have received the CPF Housing Grant for the purchase of an HDB resale flat.
- Have taken other forms of housing subsidy (for example, benefited under the Selective En bloc Redevelopment Scheme, privatisation of HUDC estate, etc.).
How To Apply for CPF Grant for EC
You may apply for the CPF Grant for EC when you book an EC with the developer.
Disbursement of CPF Grant for EC
The CPF Grant for EC or Top-Up Grant is given only to Singapore Citizen (not SPR spouse). The grant once disbursed cannot be returned.
|$10,000 or lower
|$10,001 to $11,000
|$11,001 to $12,000
|$12,001 to $14,000
* Average gross monthly income of all applicants and occupiers.
^ If you are a first-timer SC and your co-applicant is a second-timer who has previously taken one housing subsidy
SC/SPR household will qualify for the Citizen Top-Up in any of these instances:
- The SPR spouse listed initially (as an owner or applicant) in the flat application obtains Singapore Citizenship status
- An SC child is born to the SC applicant/owner and spouse listed initially (as an owner or applicant) in the flat application
You can apply for the Citizen Top-Up of $10,000 when a qualifying member of your SC/ SPR household obtains Singapore citizenship. You need to submit your application to HDB within six months of being eligible for it.
Usage of CPF Grant
You can use the CPF Housing Grants to:
- Offset the balance downpayment for the EC and subsequent payments towards the purchase price.
- Reduce the mortgage loan for the EC.
- You cannot use the CPF Housing Grant for the minimum cash downpayment (if any) and monthly mortgage instalment payments.
- CPF board will include the CPF Housing Grant in the computation of the CPF withdrawal limit.